Walusimbi set to miss SuperSport United tie

first_img0Shares0000Gor Mahia left back Godfrey Walusimbi attempts to go past AFC Leopards’ Dennis Sikhayi during the Kenyan Premier League Super Cup at the Afraha Stadium in Nakuru on January 28, 2017. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Apr 5- Left back Godfrey Walusimbi is set to miss a fourth consecutive Gor Mahia match on Sunday as a tussle between him and the club’s management over unpaid sign-on fee persists with the Ugandan choosing to stay away from training.Walusimbi stayed away from the club’s CAF Champions League match against Esperance in Tunisia and the subsequent two Kenyan Premier League clashes against Nzoia Sugar and Vihiga United. Head coach Dylan Kerr speaking to Capital Sport after the team’s training session on Thursday evening has confirmed that Walusimbi is not in his plans for the CAF Confederations Cup game against SuperSport United.“Walusimbi is definitely not in the plan for this weekend’s game because he hasn’t trained. I bumped into him yesterday and I was actually shocked I thought probably it’s a mirage. But at least it was good to see him back in Kenya,” Kerr explained.Gor Mahia head coach Dylan Kerr reacts during a training session at the Camp Toyoyo Ground in Jericho on April 5, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“It has nothing to do with me; it has to do with the club. For me as a coach it is hard and it is hard for the players as well because they miss him. He has to sort it out with the club but we understand the situation the club is in right now so it’s a bit difficult for everybody,” the tactician added.Walusimbi is said to be owed a part of his sign-on fee agreed on with the club when he renewed his contract at the beginning of the season and he is frustrated that the management is not doing enough to offset the balance.Speaking previously to Capital Sport, Gor Mahia Chief Executive Officer Lordvick Aduda said that they would be offsetting some of the pending dues owed to players once the financial status of the club stabilizes.“First of all, we don’t know any salary arrears. We only owe a bit on sign-on fees and it is not only him (Walusimbi) we owe. At this moment the priority for us is to ensure that no one goes without a salary and with minimum finances off sponsorship, it is only logical for us to prioritize. But we will work to solve that issue,” Aduda commented.Kerr decried Walusimbi’s absence in their Champions League tie against Esperance in Tunis, saying he might have given them an edge and probably changed the outcome of the match. He however reckons he has to concentrate on the players he has in training.“For me, I have to concentrate on these lads who turn up here every day for training. I don’t think he will be part of the squad until he has his issues resolved. I don’t know when that is and it’s really a shame because he is a good lad,” Kerr further added.Apart from Walusimbi and the injured duo of Karim Nizigiyimana and Wellington Ochieng, Kerr will have a full squad to choose his best 18 for the SuperSport clash. Innocent Wafula will miss the tie as he wasn’t registered for the CAF assignments.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Read More →

Barcelona give up on Hector Bellerin and turn attention to Chelsea star

first_img Cesar Azpilicueta is on Barcelona’s radar Barcelona have given up on Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin and shifted their focus to Chelsea full-back Cesar Azpilicueta.Barca are keen on signing a new right-back this summer after failing to fully replace Dani Alves last year, following his move to Juventus.The Spanish side regularly deployed Sergi Roberto on the right side of defence, but new boss Ernesto Valverde is said to want a new recruit there.Arsenal defender Bellerin had been the club’s top target but, according to Marca, they will not sell and Barca have shifted their focus elsewhere.Specifically, the Camp Nou club are now targeting Chelsea’s Azpilicueta after being impressed with his performances last season.The 27-year-old played every minute of Chelsea’s Premier League title-winning campaign and Valverde is attracted by the Spaniard’s ability to play anywhere across the defence. 1last_img read more

Read More →

WORST GORSE FIRES IN YEARS RAGE THROUGH WEST DONEGAL

first_imgThe blaze in Glenties todaySOME of the worst gorse fires seen in Donegal in years raged into the early hours of this morning as fire crews battled the inferno.It proved to be a very busy night for fire crews from both Glenties and Donegal TownAt approximately 9.30 two units from Glenties and Donegal Town responded to a large hill and gorse fire in the Frosses / Mountcharles area which wasn’t got under control to around 1 am. Half an hour later – at 1.30am – Glenties crews were called out once again, this time to a large forest fire on the main Glenties to Killybegs Road where they remained til 6 am this morning Saturday.While at the scene of this fire the Glenties Fire Crew were called to a road traffic accident also to which the Dungloe Brigade had to respond to and casualties were transferred to Hospital in Letterkenny.Dungloe, Gweedore and Falcarragh have had a busy Friday also with Gorse Fires“It has been an extremely busy 12 hours,” said a Fire Service spokesman. “We have dealt with fires right across the west of the county overnight.” WORST GORSE FIRES IN YEARS RAGE THROUGH WEST DONEGAL was last modified: April 26th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:glenties gorse firelast_img read more

Read More →