HUGE AID CONSIGNMENT LEAVES DONEGAL FOR OVERSEAS ORPHANAGE

first_imgA Donegal woman has said a massive ‘thank you’ to locals after an appeal to help orhaned children.Alan & Myrtle Doherty just said they wanted to express their deep gratitude to everyone who donated to our annual Belarus appeal.Myrtle, from Ramelton, said “We collected 35,000 nappies, almost 1000 bags of clothes, shoes, bedlinen and towels, a very large amount of toys, a big consignment of toiletries, hundreds of packets of wipes, 6 huge boxes filled with tubs of nappy creams, 2 big boxes of vital medications and a large amount of prams and other nursery equipment.” The consignment of donated good left the couple’s house this morning on the first part of its journey.“People’s generosity never fails to overwhelm us every year.“You all helped to make a difference in these children’s lives,” she said.HUGE AID CONSIGNMENT LEAVES DONEGAL FOR OVERSEAS ORPHANAGE was last modified: February 7th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BealrusdonegalMyrtle Dohertylast_img read more

Read More →

Set for UST return, Renzo Subido soaks in D-League experience

first_imgDo not bring these items in SEA Games venues Asian shares slide on weak Japan data; US markets closed Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Still, the 5-foot-9 Subido isn’t losing sight of his individual targets as he makes a much awaited comeback with the Growling Tigers, this time with coach Aldin Ayo calling the shots.“I’m more than excited. It’s a very different system. I’m excited to play for coach Aldin,” he said. “Coach Aldin is a guard-oriented coach, so I’m using all the experience I get here in Marinero and I’ll bring it to UST.” Zark’s-Lyceum gets reality check in first D-League game Chief Justice Peralta on upcoming UAAP game: UP has no match against UST PLAY LIST 01:00Chief Justice Peralta on upcoming UAAP game: UP has no match against UST00:50Trending Articles01:32UAAP Season 81: Racela says he’ll be ‘surprised’ if Ateneo loses a game in elims01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City “I know that everything I can learn this conference, I can bring to UST,” he said.So far, Subido has been nothing but excellent for the Skippers, leading his side to the 94-92 victory over Zark’s Burger-Lyceum on Thursday.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutThe 22-year-old led the fight with 20 points, five assists, and three rebounds in the victory.While he’s looking to gain experience, Subido’s focus is firmly on the big picture rather than his individual performance. “We’re taking it one game at a time but the goal is to win the championship. But we know that it’s not going to be easy since we are going up against the top collegiate teams. So we’re just going to go all out every game,” he said.That mettle was tested against the Jawbreakers.Marinerong Pilipino jumped to a 17-point lead in the third quarter, 56-39, before Zark’s Burger-Lyceum made a late run and cut the deficit down to two numerous times within the final two minutes.But the Skippers had the end-game poise, making huge stops in the clutch as Subido calmly sank the game-clinching freebies.“It was a good win for us. We’re happy that we won the game because it’s a good way to start the conference and it was a good experience with us,” he said.ADVERTISEMENT 8th Top Leaders Forum assessed the progress of public-private efforts in building climate and disaster resilient communities Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa LATEST STORIES John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. PBA IMAGESFor Renzo Subido, his time with Marinerong Pilipino in the 2018 PBA D-League Aspirants’ Cup has a purpose.And his main goal? To become a better leader for University of Santo Tomas.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH BI on alert for illegally deployed OFWs to Iraq Read Next View commentslast_img read more

Read More →

Lenglet agrees 5year deal with Barcelona

first_imgSevilla’s Clement Lenglet has agreed to join Barcelona on a five-year deal, reports Mundo DeportivoDue to the uncertain future of Samuel Umtiti, the Catalan giants are now looking for replacements for their highly-rated defender and had identified Lenglet as a potential candidate.However, Barcelona has now decided that they would prefer to sign the Sevilla defender this summer regardless of Umtiti’s final decision.The 22-year-old was initially concerned that he would be unable to break into a side with the likes of Umtiti and Gerard Pique, but he has now decided that he should be able to compete against them at the Nou Camp.David Villa, SpainQuiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.Lenglet’s representatives have held talks with Barcelona, who feels that at €35m for a 22-year-old defender of his calibre is a good deal for them and they are keen to complete it.While the La Liga champions are pleased with their signing, they are still keen to retain Umtiti and are working to convince him that his future is in Catalonia.The club is still yet to meet his demands and risk losing as he has a release clause of just €60 million.last_img read more

Read More →

Roberto Carlos Vinicius will be a superstar at Real Madrid

first_imgReal Madrid legend Roberto Carlos believes Vinicius Junior is a “superstar” in the making and only needs some time to prove itThe 18-year-old winger arrived at the Santiago Bernabeu this summer for a transfer fee of €40m from Brazilian side Flamengo.However, Vinicius has only featured twice for Real in La Liga through brief cameos from the bench.The Brazilian’s impressive performances for the Real Madrid Castilla team has led fans to urge the manager Julen Lopetegui to select him more often, amid the club’s current struggles.David Villa, SpainQuiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.But Carlos feels it would be wise to not rush the young Vinicius into the spotlight.“[Vinicius] will be a superstar but he has to be given time because he is still very young,” said Carlos, according to Yahoo. “He is acquiring a lot of experience at Real Madrid.“It might seem that he is ready to play in the first team but, for the moment, he is going through the affiliated teams. I am sure that in a few years he will be demonstrating the great promise he has.”Real, who are currently seventh in La Liga, will be facing leaders Barcelona on Sunday for El Clasico.last_img read more

Read More →

Misick says FCO TCIG need to hold Referendum on Independence

first_img Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Michael Misick was not included on a recently published list of At Large Candidates for the Progressive National Party issued by the Party’s National Chairman; Misick contends that he should have been on the list.center_img Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppMichael Misick, former premier is congratulating the British on their decision to leave the European Union; a move which is already being hailed in England as INDEPENDENCE DAY for the country.This reference has not escaped notice by Misick who is an unrelenting and unapologetic force for an independent Turks and Caicos Islands.  Misick in a statement issued a short while ago says, “The exit of the British from the EU will certainly have far reaching implications and a great impact on the UK and its colonies.  We respect the British people’s Right to self determination as it relates to matters that are important to their future, and we seek the same right here in the Turks and Caicos Islands.”Misick who will next Wednesday make a major announcement related to the upcoming General Elections feels the UK needs to lead a referendum in the TCI to see who agrees with his view that it is time for the TCI to go independent.“In light of that decision, I hereby call on the British Government and the Turks and Caicos Government to hold a Referendum in the Turks and Caicos Islands as a matter of urgency to determine whether we should remain a British Colony, especially in light of losing all of the benefits that came with being associated with the EU.”last_img read more

Read More →

DEC Continues Working With Kenai On Beach CleanUp Efforts

first_imgNancy Sonafrank with the Division of Water: “The high bacteria had been found during previous fisheries and we think it’s mostly related to nearby seagulls that are feeding off of the fish as well.”  Fish waste can also be deposited at other Kenai Peninsula transfer facilities, including those in Cooper Landing, Kasilof, and Ninilchik, but in smaller quantities; all fish waste must be bagged in plastic trash bags with a limit of two bags dropped off per day. For the time being, the DEC reminds individuals fishing on the beaches to dispose of their fish waste properly, and to thoroughly clean their catches before consuming them. This comes after the DEC announced that water quality samples collected on Kenai Beaches, on July 3 and 13, contained levels above Alaska’s enterococci and fecal coliform bacteria limit for recreation and harvesting for consumption of raw fish and shellfish. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has been joining efforts with the City of Kenai to help clean up fish waste left behind by dipnetters and beach users. The Central Peninsula Landfill located at Mile 98.5 Sterling Highway 2.5 miles south of Soldotna accepts fish waste free of charge from 8am to 5:45pm seven days a week. Sonafrank: “Seagulls hang around to collect fish waste discarded on the beaches and then transfer the fecal bacteria into to the waters and on the beaches.” The DEC will conduct additional testing to determine if their efforts to keep these beaches cleaner have worked until the end of the summer. According to Sonafrank, most, if not all, the bacteria found during the testing is from seagulls.last_img read more

Read More →

ConocoPhillips To Begin 1 billion North Slope Oil Development This Winter

first_imgThe development plan is for up to 48 wells, and the company says it anticipates production of up to 40,000 barrels per day. The project is expected to employ up to 700 workers. The Greater Mooses Tooth 2  is a satellite drill site and the second project proposed to be developed in the Greater Mooses Tooth Unit, in the Northeast NPR-A on the North Slope. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享ConocoPhillips approved the funding for the roughly $1 billion development project in the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska (NPR-A), on October 25. GMT2 will begin construction in the winter of 2018/2019, with the first oil planned for 2021. ConocoPhillips announced on October 9 that the Greater Mooses Tooth 1 drill site in the NPR-A had achieved first oil production ahead of schedule on October 5.last_img read more

Read More →